Originally Posted By: Warren
I prefer to use the term divine over God and believe while it's not synonymous with the universe, the universe is permeated with the divine....
Warren, you and I are, obviously, on the same page and playing in the same key. And, as I understand it, neither of us is interested in imposing what we believe on others. I wonder why some posters want to believe that we do?

ABOUT BISHOP SPONG
By the way, neither is the author, the retired bishop (New Jersey) of the Episcopalian church, USA, and theologian John Shelby Spong--with whom I have chatted more than once. In a recent article, in the Toronto Star (Saturday, April 21), he is quoted as saying that the time has come for each of us to "rethink the meaning of being 'divine'.

JESUS WAS TRULY A HUMAN BEING. SO WE CAN ALL BE
Spong believes that Jesus was a real human being, like all of us are, or can be. Any human being who is willing to live without hate, prejudice or malice can be divine, Spong says.

Driving the point home, Spong said, "The way you become divine is to become wholly human." I couldn't agree more. What do you say, Warren?

I hope that all of us can be gracious enough to be fully human and live by the Golden Rule--common to all the great religions.

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/22/07 10:03 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org