Blacknad. I'm prepared to concede there are elements of our existence we cannot explain and there may be some intergalactic connection we could call God. But! I have a great deal of trouble imagining any such entity has anything in common with the Old Testament view of God. It makes no sense that such an entity would favour one group of humans simply because they happen to have ancestors that lived in a particular small region of the earth. I fail to see any distinction between a "chosen people" and a "master race". Besides, the group in question is indistinguishable genetically from their neighbours. Their only distinction is their religion.

Many stories in the Old Testament are obviously concocted to justify political perspectives dating back to about 600 to 700 BC. It's highly unlikely the stories of Abraham for example refer to anyone who lived as long ago as 2000 BC. There's no way he could have met Hittites, Philistines or Aramaeans that long ago. It's also highly unlikely the Israelites emerged from Egypt as a refugee group. Perhaps as a retreating Hyksos army though.

As for Noah's ark, the less said the better. Likewise Adam and Eve, the tower of Babel, the sun stopping still etc.

Any God is not the God of the Old testament.