Originally Posted By: terrytnewzealand
Blacknad asked:

"Is it evil to be in sound mind and rape a two year old child? Always?"

I think most of us would agree (and DA certainly seems to) it is impossible that anyone who would rape a two year old child could be in sound mind. They would have to have had a very strange upbringing. I used to know a person who was charged with molesting his child. I spoke to him shortly before his case came up and was absolutely stunned as he came up with all sorts of justifications for it. Turns out his family had always done it. I suppose we could say the family was evil but it's more likely they were just very strange.

Terry, I have kind of addressed this above.

Originally Posted By: terrytnewzealand
By the way, good to hear from you again Blacky.

Terry, in just ten small words you have made me smile and feel good.

Synapses in your brain fired and made you decide what you wanted to say ? more synapses fired and electrical impulses travelled down your arm and contracted and relaxed muscles to enable you to type ? again electrical signals moved from keyboard to processor and now become binary ? eventually converted into electrical signal again and travel along copper wire to the exchange ? eventually converted into radio waves and bounced off satellite to my mobile provider ? back to electrical impulses ? then radio waves again ? sent to mast ? picked up by my mobile phone and back to electrical signals ? then binary ? then electrical signals to screen ? then converted to photons ? converted back to electrical signals by my eye ? along optic nerve to visual cortex ? then distributed to various parts of brain to produce endorphins (and warm glow) etc. ? electrical signals again to facial muscles to contract into smile ? also laid down as memory ? also more synapses firing to enable me to think ?that Terry?s a nice friendly guy? and so on?

I?ve probably just displayed my ignorance of everything from brain structure/chemistry/biology to telecommunications/physics, but how clever the illusion that I am a discreet entity when it would appear that I am really just a bundle of disparate chemical reactions. I have a problem with materialistic reductionism.

And also I am not back ? I never went ? I just now prefer to read and learn the science instead of wading in all the time with my own opinion. Also the ?Not quite science? has become tedious with all this baseless new age nonsense about G?D.

Blacknad.