Blacknad the fact that you can point to a handful of problems with humans behaving as humans is laughable from the standpoint of what you are trying to put forward as a postulate.

Now if one looks at politicians ... you might find the polar opposite ... a handful that are not deceitful.

I find it disingenuous for you to make the claim you did while using electricity, using the internet, taking antibiotics, drinking safe water, taking the train, and otherwise fully embracing the benefits that science brings.

The day you can show me an example of a religious organization curing a disease with prayer lets start with malaria or polio or AIDS please let me know.

Or the day you can discern whether lifeforms exist on Europa by reading scripture let me know that too.

Perhaps you would like a different scientific discipline. Can you use some methodology other than science to predict earthquakes? Monitor volcanoes? Predict hurricanes? Keep bacteria out of our food supply? Deliver babies with near 100% success? Keep the lights turned on? Build a bridge? Fly to Paris? The list is endless.

For you to write as you did "I used to think that scientists were impartial" strikes me as being intellectually dishonest as I know you are far too intelligent a person not to be able to distinguish a bad apple from the tree from which it fell.

DA Morgan