Getting me to acknowledge (not admit) objective truth is rarely difficult. <g>

I am sympathetic which is why I continue to offer an olive branch. I know how extremely difficult it must be. Been there before I moved here.

But those of us that have moved on have done so because we applied intense analytical skills to the study of history. We have agonized over the implications of what were considering. And we have decided that integrity, and a desire to avoid hypocrisy, require it.

It is very difficult at times to be out here. Reviled by the fundamentalists and yet not able to completely embrace those such as yourself. We each have our cross to bear.

It is not my intention to challenge your belief system. It is yours and you are entitled to it. But it is my intent to never let people forget that those promoting religion as a solution have been doing so for more than 10,000 years (since Ur) and that they have little, if anything, to show for it. The advances we see today are the result of science. Our electricity, our medicines, our food, our water, etc.

When religion recognized trichinosis it created the Kosher laws and claimed God forbid eating pork. When science recognized it the result was pork chops.

If people had tithed for science and put as much money into university research departments as churches we'd have beaten cancer into submission and have people colonizing Mars. That difference is not lost on me and shouldn't be on you.

Believe what you want ... but put your energy into what works.

DA Morgan