Hehe. Funnily enough I am writing a novel. It's based upon my time as a counsellor working with schizophrenic teenagers. It's called 'Shitbeard'. One of the central characters is someone who used to actually fashion a beard from his own excrement on a regular basis.

I would rather do this in an attempt to raise awareness of the plight of a growing number of our young people, than get involved in Christian Apologetics.

But maybe having a few more years of Dan picking holes in my thinking and making me continually rethink my position may put me in the position to write something on religion. I think maybe something entitled, 'A Letter from a Moderate to a Fundamentalist'. Doesn't exactly roll of the tongue though. Would need to call it something more catchy.

But the point here is that if Dawkins and Harris want to demonise moderates then they lose a key ally that they could work with to combat extremism. The moderate is closer to the Fundies and has slightly more credibility with them than the atheists which allows them to enter into debate more easily.

All Dawkins is doing is making the moderates feel threatened and a little scared of a coming backlash in wider society. This may have the effect of making us retreat into a siege mentality and actually move closer to the Fundies as we become more and more defensive.

Blacknad.