Response 2:

blacknad writes:
"1. The amount of people who say they have experienced fairies is in keeping with the amount of people that we know are suffering from one or another form of mental illness."

I would disagree and challenge you to point to any double-blind independent study, anywhere, that confirms the statement. I've no doubt you believe it but a bit of research on my part indicates it to not be the case. On the other hand I can find you very substantial populations that believe in astrology, UFOs, bigfoot, and crop circles. Would you cart them off the the insane asylum?

By definition everyone that is not Christian considers visions of the Virgin Mary delusional. In short the vast majority of the population of the planet. By definition everyone not a Shiite Moslem would consider a pilgrimage to Karballa to ask for blessings an act of lunacy. In short the vast majority of the population of the planet.

I think you need to seriously reconsider your statement in light of the fact that, as a Christian, the other 2/3 of the inhabitants of this planet think you are deluded in one manner or another.

But we both know the existence of a delusion is not subject to popular vote. Now if you could demonstrate your point of view using a Nikon I might be persuaded.

Your second point was:
"2. The accounts of the nation of Israel?s history are steeped in the experience of God. People hundreds of years apart wrote about encounters with God and despite often not having access to other?s writings, still managed to present a remarkably consistent account of God?s character and dealings."

And again it is extremely weak. The history of Israel, if anything, demonstrates that god's chosen people would have been better off if he had chosen someone else. And if this is the best he can do for them ... they should seriously reconsider their decision.

You need to step back from your prejudice and look at the planet from a distance of 500,000km. What does it look like? Where are you going to land? Why?

Why do we find Moses, Jesus Christ, and Mohammed all walking on the same little postage stamp? Magic?

Why not China or India or Indonesia or Finland?

If you start from the point-of-view that X, Y, and Z are true you can always marshal evidence to support it. If you start from the position that all people on the planet are equal, all languages equal, all real estate equal. Then you have to start asking yourself what toxic substance is in the water in the middle east that leads these people to murder, mayhem, and religious delusions.

DA Morgan