Rev, that New Yorker article was quite a read-- long and challenging but worthwhile. Made me realize how little I knew about Catholicism. While I was under the impression-- I guess correctly-- that the last Pope was more "ecumenical" than the present one, I hadn't realized that the later was considered "...the first prominent theologian to sit on Peter?s throne since the eighteenth century." I can certainly begin to see why the world's faiths are so far apart on even the cosmic issues that should unite them.

Evidence for God... I don't even think the question "Does God (or a god) exist" is even relevant. The divine, if one uses that term, is simply whatever is ultimate, or ultimate reality, in their life. As far as evidence for a being-like God or god, I don't think there is any. If there was, scientists would be developing theories about God, just like they do about black holes or the space/time continuum.

(BTW this is my first post-- I'm an online friend of Rev. King's and a fellow unitheist.)