KEEP IN MIND: My response is in the blue colour.
Originally Posted By: Tim
RicS, a few comments ago, "From a human perspective, this universe is a cruel, terrible place."

Thanks for joining the dialogue, Tim. My response will be in blue, okay. In my opinion, this is what it is, a dialogue, it is not a debate. I am not interested in proving you wrong; I simply want to understand you and your point of view, okay?

You go on to say: "I would agree with that, as well as his explanation that he wrote.

From the narrow view of man, life would seem unfair, and cruel. with the many evils in this world, our frequent failings and stumblings.

this is because sin has entered this frail and desolate world.

What do you mean by, SIN?

I presume that you believe that, from the beginning,"God" has been in control of all things, right? If so, does this mean that "He" allowed SIN to happen?

yet, through the midst of this storm, there is hope. Light is available to those who seek it. and it is available to all who accept it.

this can come through writing, playing golf, or anything one does that sustains him in his life. it might be his lively friends, or -in my case- religion.

Just know that though the skies are grey, the blue strokes have yet to be painted. excuse me for my tangent, looking at where my post has gone.

in that sense, religion could be good for an individual, just as science would help another. by saying that, i am somewhat of a universalist.

You are a universalist? WOW! So am I. INteresting. Let us expand on what this means, okay?

But it is not for those who do not accept religion to condemn others who do. i yet again have tangented.

What do you mean, RELIGION? Please explain.

Don't worry! So are we all often confused.

i go through my day thinking, "Wow, look at the handiwork of the Creator," or, "What a wonder this is, that of my existence!" while another says, "Wow, look at how our race has progressed through the ages!"

for that reason, i put my faith in a God. A loving, compassionate, omnipotent God, which is a beacon of light to me in this dark life.

Having read your valuable posts, which contain many ideas, I ask: In what way can we demonstrate to skeptics that "God" is truly omnipotent, loving, compassionate and a beacon of light in a dark world?

Keep in mind: About all this, I have many questions, okay? How do you feel about my signature?

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org