OK. I'll explain. As people feel threatened they often retreat into a more extreme version of their beliefs rather than adjust those beliefs to fit the facts as demonstrated. They sort of close ranks and support one another. The extremists can become the dominant personalities in those groups (the squeeky door gets the oil). As science shows more and more that ancient Holy Books are no more than political propaganda from their period many people become defensive. They move towards more fundamentalist intepretations of those books.

All 'mentalists are a problem for others. I doubt if anyone at SAGG would doubt that 'mentalist Muslims are a threat to stability in the world. Most might agree that 'mentalist Christians have also become a threat through manipulation by some politicians in "the West". That 'mentalist Jews are as much a cause of problems in the Middle east as are 'mentalist Muslims and 'mentalist Christians is less often conceded. In India 'mentalist Hindus often cause trouble. I'm not aware of Buddhists being a problem anywhere but I'd be surprised if they weren't.