With seven questions, GORDON SINCLAIR IN CHURCH, BUT DISBELIEF STILL FIRM This headline appeared in the TORONTO STAR, Monday, April 13, 1964.

In 1964, I was 34. That was 43 years ago. I am now 77. Imagine!!!. I find it hard to believe: I AM 77. WOW! 77. My mother died when she was just 55; my father when he was 64.
I wonder: Where are they now? Where are the deceased members of your family? Ever the philosopher, I wonder?

At the time, Gordon Sinclair was a well-known, journalist, broadcaster, skeptic and professed-non Christian. He was known across Canada.

Later, because of a pro-American editorial he did--well done, BTW--he became a well-known darling in the USA, for more that 15 minutes.

The following Wednesday, I wrote to Gordon. I offered him a positive criticism of his point of view. Because I did not attack him, he and I kept writing each other, for over a year. For me, it was a great learning experience in the art of dialogue.

We became friends. After this, he was instrumental in getting me on several media programs.

Sometime later, I was the member of a CTV (across Canada) panel with him which was broadcast, nationally.

On that program he said to me: "Rev. King, as I have told you in conversations with you: I believe that death is the end of life...That's it. After death, there is just nothing else for all members of the human race. When you're dead, you're dead, period!"

I responded as follows:

"Gordon, you know, If that is what you BELIEVE, you could be right. However, if you ARE right, you will never have the opportunity to kidd me about my belief.

However, If I am right, think of the fun I am going to have with you..." smile

Gordon got the point. Graciously, and broke out into loud laughter. So did the panel, and the audience. We all had fun.

If you are interested, in my next post I will reveal Gordon's
SEVEN QUESTIONS, okay?

Last edited by Revlgking; 03/04/07 11:25 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org