I've read multiple authors. I invite you to do the same.

When all you read is what you agree with ... well you'll likely end up feeling really good and learning little. And if you don't pursue something just because there is disagreement ... well you know what I'm going to say so I'll skip the lecture.

But my suspicion here is that you are making far more of the disagreements than is actually there. On many many points they all agree. And one point of agreement, clearly stated, is that there are indeed more versions (variations) of the Christian Bible than it contains words. They may argue with respect to what is or is not more or less authentic/original. But they do not disagree on most of what Ehrman writes.

I think a bit of intellectual honesty is required here ... wouldn't you would be shaken in many respects were Ehrman correct. Which makes me wonder how you reacted to this:
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/tomb/tomb.html
And yes it too is controversial. And no the work done doesn't meet my criteria for real science. But it is still quite likely real.

Now about the clock ... my take on this is that you posted at around 3:00am your time. Isn't there something else you should be doing right now?

DA Morgan