Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
Claiming to know the truth is not the same thing as actually knowing the truth. Many people claim to know mutually exclusive truths. This brings us to a fundamental difference between real and pretend science - the actual search for truth as opposed to an attempt to confirm one's obscurantist prejudices.

Many people claim to label science as exclusive to those ideals that can only be proven within the current technology relegated to mainstream interests.
The spiritual side of the universe and its properties exceed the current technological limits and scientists tend to call those who know and experience the spiritual, obscurantists, because the idea and experience cannot be contained within the quart jar science wants to put it in.
The individual personality sees what it can see due to the properties of individualism. Many can see the same thing and experience it differently.
What never changes within the universe and is underlying all realities of personal opinions and beliefs is absolute. That is the Science of Yoga.
So making general statements to the effects of ones personal belief lay on both sides of the tracks, and I find few willing to stretch their imagination or will beyond what they can currently taste, touch, smell and hear.

The evolution of man is destined to integrate what it does not now experience but will when his capabilities to comprehend allow. There is obviously no predetermined mechanism that subjects the human to evolve as a whole. I think most basic of comprehension is aware of this.
One is only limited by their own beliefs.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!