Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend

Knowing is such a vague term when applied by people who abuse language. Still, inowing about is not the same as knowing in.

You mean knowing of and knowing? You haven't yet convinced me you know anything about theology let alone decidedly established a knowing in. By the way some think spelling incorrectly is abusive to language..just a thought.. smile

"Knowledge of" is ambiguous. Back in the day I did quite a bit of reading in ESP - a sufficient amount to convince me that it's mostly fraud and self-deception.

I see..... reading a book or books on ESP is like reading a book or books on brain surgery. You suppose it would make you a brain surgeon?
You convinced yourself after reading a book, or books....now that is something, if not at least.. entertaining.

I do not claim to have mastery of the subject of theosophy. Nor does one need to have mastery of it to state with reasonable certainty that it is incompatible with the practice of actual science.

OK. I can like a person who can make a claim toward something he has an opinion of. I have met quite a few. Nice people, who live their lives and die happy.

Playing tinlike may make you feel good, but it doesn't do anything to increase actual understanding - yours or anyone else's.

Its all a matter of perspective ain't it. Have you looked in the mirror lately?

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!