Ellis,thank you,
I said "some form of creation". nobody can in any way show or prove that the ultimate source of "the" or any universe is not a thought of a god. Any form of creationism just gets back to who created god but the evidence is strongly in favour of some intelligent agent at work even if this is the universe it's self. The only credible alternative would be Everett's many world theorem leading to the anthropic principle.which still leaves the very beginning to account for.There are two kinds of scientists 1. I call scientists 2. I call real scientists. the scientist say ah Darwin that explains it all, the real scientist says that explains somethings, but as I pointed out the flaws in the theory are very large. Also the universe did not begin with life on earth (If the universe exists at all) which of course Darwin does not explain any more than the big bang theory or any other current or future theory. It only takes the problem back to the same point as any creation theory. (as above).
Scientists, religious people and anybody who just says my way is right because heres the proof or it says so in the bible, koran etc. logically are making no point at all.
Only people who genuinely have an experience, be that miracle, UFO, expanded consciousness etc. can believe something themselves which should not as scientist do be dismissed out of hand. it is solid evidence of something even if that something is just mundanely, evidence of how the mind works. It should be investigated as it is by real scientists.
The only lines of research of any use to forward our knowledge is the lines of real scientists, that is any paranormal, trans personal, quantum etc etc. research everything else is stamp collecting.