Surely any bright Anons who wishes to post more than once could adopt a pen name. For example, I would register as Anon de Canada. Actually, not a bad name.
==================================================================

You ask about "group consciousness": "Though is this hypnotism?"

IMO, hypnotism, like its predecessor 'mesmerism'--named after Dr. Franz Antoine Mesmer of Vienna--ought to be relegated to the archaic category, if not dropped.

Keep in mind: Braid coined his word out of the Greek for sleep, 'hypnos'. The deep meditative, or trance, state is more related to waking up than it is to sleeping.

Ellis, did I tell you that when I first started using what I now call 'pneumatherapy'(in the 1960's)--that is, awakening the power of the human spirit (pneuma) and teaching people how to use this power in healing their minds (psyches) and bodies (somas)--that by Ontario law, the use of hypnotism was confined to medical doctors, regardless of what they knew about it?

This was obviously a bad law, which did nothing promote public good. With the help of others, including medical doctors, I was able to persuade the authorities to change the law. The authority who interviewed me, after I gave him a demonstration of the role "hypnosis"--the use of words to achieve realization and increase faith and trust--plays in pneumatherapy he quickly agreed: "We would have to pass a law against the use of public and private prayers and meditation."

The law got changed.

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/22/08 06:43 PM.