george etc. wrote
'Their groupie followers blindly dismiss some form of creation with all the none scientific rigor one would expect from religious fundamentalists. nobody with a degree or otherwise can in any way prove their was no creation, '

George etc: I think that you have missed the point. Creationism states that the origin of life on earth occurred as it does in the book of Genesis in the bible. That is the man (and presumably when god got round to it woman) was created in the image of god. Humanity was thus different to any other living thing on the planet. In order to believe in the truth of this it is necessary to accept that an ancient text, written by some one thousands of years ago, is divine truth, and also that there is in fact a god for us to be the image of in the first place.

No one is denying creation, as in the existence of life. At some stage life developed on this planet. If you believe that a god (and remember george that there are many many creation myths referring to many gods in many many cultures,) created a man one day then that's fine for you. In my country the native people believed that a huge rainbow coloured serpent was the originator of life on the planet. Also fine. However evidence is against these ideas. In answering the question---what is the origin of species?---ie how did the earth manage to have so many living creatures (including humans) develop on it, evolution is providing many answers, more everyday.

Now I agree it is easier to say, "Well they are wrong and creationism is right so shut up and sit down", but that is not the answer that will enable us to unravel the question. george--you cannot stop people wanting to uncover truth, belief is not enough now.