Originally Posted By: aD2Lxo4
I like this site so much I thought I'd register. my post as above:

America doesn't believe in Evolution because it doesn't have to.

Simple. It's even a part of their founding philosophy, that no one has the right to kerb one's freedom of speech. Or some such. (wasn't really paying attention during Hollywood crime movie night)

Evolution is as possible as Creationism in the realm of American Law. It may be an injustice, but it is still the law. The nature of the answer will be in legal jargon, not science or religion.

I cant believe that most posts here have missed this point and gone straight for the throat of their opposition viewpoint.

I am not religious, I am not a scientist but at least I am grounded enough to ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Speaking from the scientific POV, I don't care diddly for your "nature of the law" bologna. If you are implying that the law side is more natural, you're all wet regardless of how grounded you think you are. Jurisprudence, American or any other, ain't even in this MP4. The prevailing "law" declared Galileo to be in violation of natural law. As you should know, being so grounded, that ultimately didn't pan out so well for the Pope's veracity.

"America doesn't believe in Evolution because it doesn't have to."

No human has ever "had" to believe in anything. They merely had to profess they believed or did not believe to escape the stake, as Galileo did when he decided he wanted to live.

And... what the hell is a kerb?

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman