Originally Posted By: Anonymous
It gives me precisely the right I expressed. To speak for myself. Where the rest of that statement came from, I suspect, is from a place I wouldn't want to see. American principles? What is more American than speaking for one's self? Everyone has the right to express ones personal opinion, belief and experience. The point I was making is that when one assumes something that is not their direct experience, or makes the assumption that all of America believes in something, and then compares that with the rest of the world it can only be reduced to personal opinion rather than assumed to be truth in reality.

You're trying to cover waaay too much ground with this nonsense statement. Polls? Polls?
No the subject or topic covers way too much ground and is a statement of nonsense.
Hence those who wish to engage in the subject as if it were real are being nonsensical.

You are an American and you are not aware that in the act of voting for a president, you are authorizing him/her to speak for you? You need to deflate yourself a little. I'm not arguing with the president. I'm arguing some guy who thinks he can speak for me. If you are the president, let's see your seal.
Whether I voted for the President or not does not give the president the ability to assume my thoughts or beliefs. It might give him or her the right to uphold the laws maintaining the freedom of my rights or beliefs.
As it is, the current trend to assume the will of the people is in accord with special interests to loan the corporations money to maintain corporate status, retirement funds and company bonuses for failing companies who make bad business decisions is not something I lend to any politician in America.

If you do, I don't consdider you an American in an America described by the Constitution of the United States, but more along the lines of an American described by radical extremists of foreign countries who describe Americans as fat lazy and out of touch with global events.
You wouldn't be a regular at the Waffle house would you?

This is crazy. You're all over the place, backpedaling and craw fishing. You're even contradicting yourself. First you presume to speak for America and now you're saying that even the duly elected president can't speak for you.

The nearest Waffle House is at least 500 mile from my house. But were it nearby, I might just have me some nice greasy pork chops and eggs for breakfast. Do you have an insipid stereotype you need to insert into all your crap to make you feel better? Shoot'em up, genius. You badly need some cheap ad hominem here to deflect attention from your pitiful attempts at logic.

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman