Originally Posted By: Revlgking

Beginning with my daughter--In 1964 she had a life-threatening lung condition--over the years I have found it a very useful pneumatological (spiritual) tool. It can be used to help people deal with psychosomatic and pneumasomatic (self-inflicted) health problems. To a limited extent, it also works somatically. Jesus used this spiritual power, and taught his disciples to do likewise. Check out Matt. 11:28,29.

Matthew:
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Jesus did not hypnotize his disciples and his disciples did not use hypnosis to spread the word of Jesus. Hypnosis is not a spiritual tool to realize enlightenment or Christ Consciousness.
Jesus spoke only of the Father that resides within the human heart and the ability to become self aware of that which lives in every human. This has everything to do with free will and choice and the refinement of the senses. Hypnotism and belief are tools of the church and they can lead one to the diversity of beliefs so that they may choose to seek something, or set the mind to an idea. But if an idea is founded on beliefs that are constantly changing one will have to find something that is stable regardless of changing beliefs.
Hypnosis is not the spiritual tool to achieve that, and no one of such a level of consciousness would invade the evolutionary process of free choice and free will to leave the ego and its illusions behind for truth absolute.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!