Good points, Ellis.
BTW, Ellis, there is good evidence that qualities like faith, hope and love can be measured. Hypnotists use it all the time. Using the power of suggestion, in conjunction with the imagination, they use it to measure people's ability to have faith and trust. They use it to pick people out of a large audience, who are willing to accept, by faith, their suggestions.

BTW 2, Hypnotism--the ability to focus the mind on one idea--is a subject with which I happen to be very familiar. It has a lot to do with ones ability to have belief, faith, hope and love.

Beginning with my daughter--In 1964 she had a life-threatening lung condition--over the years I have found it a very useful pneumatological (spiritual) tool. It can be used to help people deal with psychosomatic and pneumasomatic (self-inflicted) health problems. To a limited extent, it also works somatically. Jesus used this spiritual power, and taught his disciples to do likewise. Check out Matt. 11:28,29.

Yes, over the years, I have been attacked, mostly by fundamentalist and obscurantists: "This is a dangerous, devil-based, evil and demonic power..."

ALL POWERS--PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL--CAN BE USED FOR GOOD OR EVIL
I have discovered that it is a power that can be used for good, or evil. What is dangerous is: when good people allow themselves to be ignorant of it AND fail to use it for good. Meanwhile, we can be sure that every demagogic dictator will use it to its fullest extent. The Nazis used a team of highly qualified hypnotists.