Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
"So labeling self inquiry as a cult, a scientist wishing to leave the broad spectrum and write his own dictionary describing himself and his personal ideals"
Nonsense. Didn't say that. Can't be reasonably inferred from what I said.

I would think a scientist wouldn't reasonably infer that someone who is motivated toward self inquiry would be labeled as cultist and make sweeping generalities towards self inquiry as being limited to superstition and delusions the way you have.

"A good scientist then would be intelligent enough and without prejudice to include history and philosophy"
A good scientist would know the limitations of actual science. The opinion of people who are not remotely engaged in actual science regarding what is or what is not "good science" isn't relevant.

If you never really understood the nature of self exploration and the thousands of years of documentation toward that endeavor I would call you a man of limitation. If that is the limitation you refer to in science I can relate.

"isolate themselves "
A central method of theosophy appears to be the practiced, systematic, and meticulous abuse of language.

Ah, the appearance of being a victim rather than a creator of your own world experience is the hallmark of ignorance in theosophy. Ignorance is the meticulous abuse of labels and identity due to the mis-comprehension of reality or the inability to see and hear with a clear intellect. It always separates ones self from everything.

Science.. "...errors creep in at all levels and in all branches. A huge part of science is being able to find its errors - the fact that it is self-correcting.
There is some deceit in science. There are also things that are just plain wrong."

Perhaps your interpretations are just plain wrong.. Self correction would require some small amount of humility with the ability to recognize the truth in contrast to error. You seem intent on proving a point of view regarding how specialized and righteous science is, while labeling anything other, (in this particular conversation) that would fit within your scientific determination, as cult-ish.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!