Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend

Impressing anyone is my a goal.

Not sure what you're really trying to say..

I merely corrected your incorrect assertions.

You mean you made your own assertions to counter mine as you perceive them...

There is a difference between actually studying and claiming to or believing that one studies a thing.

Yes I agree.

Actual scientists are aware of the tendency of humans towards delusion and fraud and when actual scientific methods account for these things, the positive outcomes have a curious tendency to disappear. Your claims to study "the self" are comical.

Actual scientific methods are not specified in regards to this conversation or to the study of the self, only implied idealistic references in regard to your beliefs and your opinions.

"your own prejudice. "
Also comical.

Immensely.

Your slavish devotion to your cult prevents you from accepting that a person could carefully examine alleged claims and come to a negative conclusion.

Not so oh negative one. Everyone sees and accepts reality according to their understanding and comprehensive level of intellectual discernment, which if negative is often heavily influenced by belief and the current standards of education, and the vague possibility that the system is plugged into Truth or just summaries of conjecture and belief.

Not so sure there is any course which defines the meaning of life...Is there?

Anyone who rejects the inane claims of theosophy etc. is just accepting authority.

I'm not sure which claims you are referring to. The subject comprises several thousands of years of study, and hundreds of thousands of books, (most of which have been grossly mistranslated).

Lots of people claim to "study" things or to have "done research" while their every word belies a gross misunderstanding of even the basics.

So you have proven in this discussion regarding your claims to have considered this conversation based on the labels "science" and "theosophy". You seem easily sphinctered whenever someone uses the label "Science."

Evolution is a case in point. Not quite, but almost, universally, when we find a person who rejects evolution, we find a person who asserts he "has studied the subject" but who makes assertions that demonstrate unequivocally that he has not.

In the examples of this conversation I can relate, in that what you have provided, exhibits no knowledge but instead claims toward something idealized within your beliefs, and a prejudice with a need to apply labels to your ideals.

Generally this is because of the comic book understanding of science, combined with the person's completely mistaken notion of what constitutes "research." It's as if you're trying to explain to a child the difference between reading and "reading critically" and the child stamps his feet down and says, "I AM READING CRITICALLY!" or "I AM STUDYING!"

"As if" is the inference to the interpretation of thoughts generated from a level of comprehension. A child (using your example) comprehends at a different level than an adult.
On the subject of expanded conscious awareness or even psychological awareness, a person who idealizes reality strictly within the limits of measure created by the instruments of current comprehension will need to accept that evolution will supersede technological and comprehensive idealism whenever one decides something relative is a constant.
The idea that every human experiences everything exactly the same would limit mans comprehensive levels to some kind of standard and that would be delusional.

I think Science has room for those things that are not measured by physical instruments created by man and yet are experienced by
the human instrument, and that the human instrument is at varying degrees of refinement within the evolving population. Leaving your opinion to a relative point not yet discussed, but in the interest of dominating the discussion by negating any relevance to any truth on my part I will assume you idealize as real and true, when compared to any seemingly contrary information on my part.

You seem pretty touchy about applying the label of "science" to anything other than what fits on your terms, or at least that's what I get from this discussion. It would also seem the only way to make the point is to degrade my input which has at least, been entertaining.

Still waiting for you to say one intelligent thing on the subject of evolution (or anything else for that matter, but since this thread is about evolution, you could start there).

I'll take that to mean you are still waiting for me to meet your expectations. But you may have to evolve beyond that, before your eyes can see and your ears can hear anything that lives and breathes outside of that box of expectations and limits.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!