The idea that you read books and took classes from/with naysayers, skeptics and disbelievers doesn't impress me. The history of the world is full of examples of disbelief and the evolution of awareness in which humanity takes a 180 degree turn to discover something they only ignored rather than could not see.
Card tricks and fortune telling comprises the majority of the superstitious thinking mind when it comes to the study of the enhanced senses, and since one who does not study the self hasn't the experience another has in the inward meditative process of enhanced perception, there is no comparison and no machine that can translate thought and experience into facts and data.
Such is the loss that takes place in mans narrow minded approach to those experiences he has not had nor will have as long as he decidedly rejects what he does not understand.

I agree this conversation has not produced anything in the way of change in your ability to accept your own prejudice. But never is planting seeds a waste of time. It's unfortunate but also typical of the evolving soul in that your mind is so set on a course of disbelief, and the authority for you is someone's opinion written and idealized in a book and authenticated by a group in belief. Such is the downfall of the awareness of reality that has occurred in religion and the church. Science from your descriptions and your beliefs is described much like a church made up of beliefs and thought patterns taken in a direction and limited by the minds inability to comprehend such as those things that have not been experienced or tagged by peer groups of belief and approved of.

C'est la vie.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!