Hiya Revl.
I've just spent about 5 minutes thinking about all the different demographics in the US. As you point out it's not one person, but rather than list all the cabins, farms, towns, etc., I'll just ask if this makes sense:

I'd suggest that you've only met a small slice of one (or perhaps two) of the dozens of demographics around.

[I suppose it might sound more reasonable to suggest that you've only met a slice of a dozen or so out of hundreds] ...but I hope you see my point.

I know you have a lot of broad experiences and interactions in your life, but I still think it was with a small fraction of the different demographics in the US.
I don't (think I) have any special knowledge about this, but I'm continually surprised by the discovery more and more, large demographics.

There's an interesting couple of graphs on a social science forum (not to prove anything, but...):
http://hypography.com/forums/social-scie...html#post237208

I know there's at least one demographic that prides themselves on not asking questions.

Cheers!
smile

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.