INVOLUTION & EVOLUTION
======================
Involution. In botany this is term used to refer to a rolling inward from the edge--an inward rolling. I use this concept, in reverse, in my attempt to understand astronomy and the evolution, outward expansion, of the universe.

Evolution. To evolve is to roll outwards--an advance from the simple to the complex. Some scientists believe that all forms in nature come from a simple, perhaps single-celled, organism,

Speaking of the universe, science tells us that what we observe today as a multitude of planets and galaxies was once wrapped, involved, in one primordial ball only about thirty times the size of our sun. What there was before this, at this point, science has absolutely nothing factual to say. Speculating on this was, and still is, in the realm of the philosopher/theologian in us.

Think now of planet Earth. In the beginning, like all other creatures on Earth we probably lived as beings wrapped in our animal instincts (our psyches). It took a long time for us to evolve into conscious beings (pneuma-like beings). Google on pneumatology.

No doubt things began to change, rapidly, when in the first pneuma-like being, the first philosopher/theologian--one with a developed gift for language--came up with the idea: "I wonder if we can improve on life as we are now living it?" This led to the development of a written language, including numbers.

Probably when the first PT's discovered numbers (mathematics means the discipline), and decided to measure things, the first scientists were born. They soon, also, learned the value of doing experiments.

THE FIRST ARTISAN/ARTISTS
Those who began to apply what they learned became the first artisans and artists--the creators of things that are useful and beautiful. The Greek for carpenter is TEKNON.

IMHO, when we figure out who, or what, did the wrapping we will discover GOD--(the Spirit, the Pneuma, in and around us?)--that which was never lost; just hidden by our arrogant ego--our pride. When we do, we will create more of the beauty we have and the ugly will become beautiful.

What are we waiting for?

Last edited by Revlgking; 09/16/08 04:25 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org