Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
The odds that you're going to show anyone the way, except by way of negative example, are infinitesimal.

The reasons you give, in exemplifying science as greater than Theosphical exploration is, and has been, by negative example of anything other than your beliefs and opinion.

"Science is responsible for every mechanical and medical advancement within civilization that has contributed to the poisoning of the mind and the earth. "

Good. It's pompous crock, but we've at least established your personal opinion of science. Wonder if you'll feel the same way when your kid needs an antibiotic.

No, you've decidedly established my personal opinion of science. I'm talking about the reality that man is not infallable, and science is tainted by the beliefs, inadequacies, opinions and shortfalls of mans conscious morality.
For all of the great medical discoveries, there has been a by-product of medical waste created by the industry. For all of the chemicals and discoveries in chemical applications for convenience, there is pollution of groundwater, food and air that we as humans depend on for life. Man has not shown the ability to yet create itself without equally proving that it can destroy itself in the process. Science within your terms has not shown that it can instill moral character or conscious awareness.

I think we can all thank human invention and scientific endeavor for the steady flow of antibiotics that come from out of our tap water. And as more of us piss out the antibiotics we take, the more we can guarantee our children a prescription ready made in their food and water.

Despite your comic book understanding of science that drives you to hate the genuine article, you nevertheless want to associate your cult with science, because most people know that science is successful. Down deep, even you know it. But doing real science is too hard. You have to like, learn math and stuff. Blathering obscurantist bullcrap is a lot easier.

Taking into consideration the need of the ego to be infallible and the fear of being wrong, I can understand your rant, as well as the lack of comprehension in this discussion.
It is common to emotionally react, often easier to lose perspective in personal defense than it is to think and be objective in a conversation when you are emotionally attached to a belief.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!