Originally Posted By: Orac
If I am a forum owner and I make a christian forum and start telling people it's okay to commit some sins do you think anyone would believe my forum is christian ... ask Rev. No your forum simply ceases to become christian that authority does not rest with the forum owner.

So for the final absolute time your theory is not and can not become science as defined by the rules of science organizations.

Orac, you seem to forget that science is an open subject. Had it been regarded as a closed subject, we would still have remained at 'flat earth'. The guardians of science at that time would not have allowed any body to think against the established or approved science. Again, the 'organised science' would not have allowed Einstein to put forth his theories.

Regarding a christian forum or for that matter any other religious forum, you will not be allowed to think against the establishment. However, the establishment will go on exhorting the members to 'think free and arrive at the truth'. To them to 'think free' means to think within the scriptures, ie. the truth should remain within that, however free you think. What can we call that? 'Glib', I think. The establishment thinks that they are thus 'protecting the God' (it is not God protecting them!).

Science, like God, do not require protectors. Science organizations sometimes tend to be protectors of science. It is just a camouflage. They want to protect themselves. Funds, grants, etc. are so luring that it is no wonder that established organizations resist change. They will just become rhetoric, and say: "We have proved it thousand times", "We will not give the pseudo scientists any stage to air their view", etc. The rhetoric implies that they are not sure about themselves, and they indeed want to avoid any criticism. But that is only part of the story. Research always go in the right direction; otherwise we will not have reached here.

So what I have to say is Orac, you should have a more open mind. Even if somebody comes with a pseudo scientific theory, with a handful of right questions, he will have to leave. To remain further, he will have to resort to rhetoric or abusive language, because it will not be easy to logically answer a right question. However, for that, the person who asks the questions should have a thorough knowledge of the existing science, its strengths and weaknesses. I hope you understand my view.