Originally Posted By: Bill S.

Just to be sure I understand you; are you saying that entanglement is something that takes place outside the finite Universe?
If that is the case, how does that square with my thought that QM might give us a window on the infinite?

Whether it is actually outside the physical idea of 3D+1 timespace is hard to say, the fact it is in two places at once puts it definitely outside the normal laws as we know them to us of 3D+1.

The process of whatever is happening has to be outside the finite universe because the interactions are faster than light and time retrospective if need be, what is preserved is causality.

It's probably worth reviewing the history of this for you (http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/27640)

Edit: QM calls 3D+1 timespace reality because it is what is real to you.

It won't give us a window to your sort of infinity because how do I know QM is not contained in something itself. All it really does is shift the boundary .. I hope that makes sense to you ... this is hard work for me in english.

I guess to GR/SR people lets say like Bill G the problem they confronted was where did the energy come from for Big Bang. For QM big bang the question is where did the Quantum information come from in some way we are just shift chair positions on the titanic as they say :-)

Last edited by Orac; 10/31/11 04:08 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.