I agree the infinity discussion should be under not quite science the difference between it and this discussion is the infinity discussion doesn't deny science facts.

As I said if Finiter can overturn a science fact fair enough but he can't and doesn't try and thats why I think it has to move.

The infinity discussion is half mumbo jumbo but you don't deny any scientific facts.

Some of Rev's discussion rumble around the edges as well and we have successfully moved several discussions.

The end decission is up to Bill and I will comment at this level but I have no intention of encouraging finiter by discussing this any further.

The only reason he wants to discuss it here is because it gives it a sense of legitamcy, look at his own reasoning this is some sort of science.

Its pseudoscience by every definition of actual science because he refuses to adhere to the standards, there is no polite other way to put it.

"Intelligent Design" was taken to court because religious groups wanted to teach it as science and the court upheld it isn't science by any definition. Look carefully at the reasons for the decision in that case and it's the same here Finiter's theory is pseudoscience by every definition.

Intelligent design wanted to overturn "Big bang" install creation at the start, remove "evolution" and install intelligent design and still call itself science. It would leave thousands of observations with no logical explaination and just wave its hand at them and say there must be alternative explainations. Science said no you can't do that or it's not science and took it all the way to the court where that was upheld.

Preearth does the same thing with earth formation he wants to explain some things leave observations unanswered wave his hand at them and say there must be alternative explainations.

All 3 Intelligent Design, PreEarths earth creation theory and finiters theory are therfore not science under the same findings, and no you cant just wave you hands at it and make it science.

Finiter is more courteous than preearth but he wants discussion in a science section for the exact same reasons.

You open this door next we get Intelligent design and every other loon and fruitcake under the sun wanting to discuss things here.

So then people have to wade thru miles of pseudoscience junk to discuss actual science.

So I accept finiter is courteous and nice but to allow this to continue on sets a very bad example.

Finiter last comment is we make an "approved science section" because see then you accept that his stuff is scientific.

Sorry I will never believe that ... you and I can not decide what is and is not scientific that requires agreements of bodies and authorities.

Finiter can make all the arguments he likes here it cuts absolutely no weight .. the decision of the definition of science is not yours and mine to make.

If he dislikes the definition of science go argue it with the various science unions and organisations around the world.

Last edited by Orac; 11/17/11 10:37 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.