Originally Posted By: Bill

Well, in that case you need to provide a good physical definition of the Newton's laws without using any math

I think you have slightly misread my post. I meant that the 'physical world' is to be defined physically, not 'Newtons laws'. For example, you have to define matter, energy and force physically. I have my own definitions for these. I think this forum does not impose much restrictions to such alternate views (unlike some other forums). I will give the definitions in the next post.

F=ma is a mathematical relation, not a physical law (in my opinion). However, at present this is used as a definition for force, and so it is held that force imparts energy. But, being a mathematical relation, when we apply it to physical systems, we have to mention from which source the energy comes. If enough energy is not supplied, the acceleration will not be proportional to the force. That is the difference that I propose.

What you have said about philosophers is correct. However, there is strange relationship between mathematics and philosophy. I think both can deal with non-real situations. That is, mathematicians tend to be philosophers.