Okay I think I get what you are asking is there anything that can be infinite with real world conditions, so real world conditions is the context.

The answer is most definitely no.

Even the universe from big bang point of view is most definitely finite if you view it like that. Infact you cant do Big Bang calculations without making it finite :-)

It has to be because at the start there is a distinct compaction of plank distance you cant exceed.So one plank unit of time after the big bang singularity the universe size is finite and defined and therefore it is forever after when you use this context.

The problem is noone is ever going to experience space like that it's simply a thought experiment and a useful thing for doing calculations on big bang but you will never see that context it's probably impossible.

So in unconstrained context you want as given by the big bang the universe is most definitely finite.

The problem is we live in the universe and for us it is most definitely infinite. Its infinite because of context we are in it and there is no escaping that.

In the same way you may ask what is the universe expanding into. The answer is again contextual. I would say nothing because you will never see it experience it or know what but of coarse the real answer is into something which will forever remain a mystery to us call it un-space or mystic ether or whatever you like ... what does it matter you and I will never experience it. The universe space is our prison and what lies outside the walls well we leave that to religion and philosophy.

Last edited by Orac; 10/27/11 08:11 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.