Originally Posted By: Orac
As I said this problem dates back to Newton so lets look at the solution to it under Newton + fictional forces (Mach space)
Now I understand you are exchanging energy but the energy in the plate oscillates wildly between alot of potential energy versus alot of kinetic energy so somehow the exchanges would be required to have a law to know how much of each and here in lies your problem with those sorts of real world motions in your finite world.

I think the problem you put forth is like this: The moon revolves around Earth at a speed of 1km/s. The Earth revolves around the sun at a speed of 30km/s. The Sun revolves around the galaxy at a speed of (say) 250km/s. The galaxy revolves around the intergalactic centre at a speed of (say) 5000km/s, and the galaxy cluster moves at a speed of (say) 100,000km/s. (I will stop with galaxy clusters because in my theory, the clusters are somewhat independent. However, still it is 'five different motions' for the moon.)

So the questions you are asking (I think) are, "How can you explain the motion of moon on the basis of absolute space?" and "What is the kinetic energy possessed by moon?". Is it not so?

In my model, the galaxy cluster moves away from a point, 'the centre of the universe'. However, it follows a helical path; the axis of the helix lies on the radius of the universe, and the radius of the helix increases as the cluster moves outwards. At any time, the distance of the cluster from the centre of the universe is finite and absolute. The distance between the galaxy and the intergalactic centre, the distance between sun and the galactic centre, the distance between Earth and sun, and the distance between moon and Earth are all finite and absolute. Thus, in my model, space is absolute and the centre of the universe is a point of reference for all. The motion of moon is complex, however, we can have a mental picture of it, and we can make a workable model similar to that. So in all respects the space is absolute.

Regarding energy required to counter the five different motions, we have to apply the the theory of relativity (not SR or GR). We can ignore the four motions and need take only the revolution of moon around earth. For a given G and for a given absolute distance, the speed required will be independent of the other four motions. (This is what the present theory also states). The other four motions are countered by the respective entities.

Based on my theory, the actual kinetic energy possessed by moon includes all the four motions, and so it is very high. In my theory, the natural energy of any body is mc^2/2, and half of it remains as internal energy of the subatomic particles in it. Though there can be energy transfer between bodies, the energy can never be too low, it will be comparable to mc^2/2.

The problem with the present model is that we cannot visualize the actual motion of galaxy clusters based on that; so space has to be non-absolute. The space is absolute in my model, and the problem of identifying the energy can be easily done based on theory of relativity (not SR/GR). Whether my model actually represents the real universe or not is another question.