Yes you understood perfectly what I was saying. As I have pointed out your basic physics for why are very different but you end up with very similar movements to Einsteins own static universe (he called it static because there is a centre point which is static to all movements).

However as I have shown I can introduce chaos deliberately into space the rules would break and so I argue it doesn't describe the real universe. We see no breaking of the rules in the universe just because we add in chaotic movements infact some simple physics design can be made to act chaotically the double pendulum is the most classic dating to Newtons argument with Mach (http://www.myphysicslab.com/dbl_pendulum.html).

The discussion was definitely worth going through, I even got reminded of some old physics I had long forgotten and you revisit the reasons why science believes what it does.

I can be encourage you to keep thinking and challenging science and wish you luck.

Last edited by Orac; 10/19/11 01:00 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.