I don't think I will reply to any particular post. I will just put out some comments that I think are pertinent.

As far as boundless and infinite are concerned. Boundless and infinite cannot, without some context, be used interchangeably. The surface of a sphere is boundless, but certainly not infinite, since it can in principle be measured to any desired accuracy. Mathematically and physically boundless just means that you can't find a boundary. Infinite on the other hand means that in principle you can always find more of something, no matter how much of it you have already found. The normal example is of course the integers. Name any integer and I can find a bigger one.

B.S. you don't like my pile of rocks. Ok, let's assume an infinite universe. Then there are an infinite number of atoms in the universe. But I can still take out atoms individually or in clumps, such as the clumps making up the rocks in my rock pile, or in my body.

Back to the integers. They are just a way to figure out how many of something there are. If you have a pile of apples and a pile of oranges and you want to know which you have more of you can just start picking them up one at a time. One apple, one orange, one apple, one orange... and so on. Sooner or late you will run out of either apples or oranges. Then you know that you have more of which pile still has some fruit in it. And integers are just a short way of comparing 2 piles. You can count the apples, 1, 2, 3...n, then the oranges 1, 2, 3...m. Then compare the numbers, which ever number is bigger is represents the pile that has more fruit. In principle I could have an infinitely large pile of apples and/or oranges. Then I could never run out when I started either matching or counting them. But I could keep on counting forever. And at any time I could stop and I would know how many I had counted, without ever having reached infinity. So there is no reason at all not to be able to work with a countable subset of an infinite space.

As to whether something finite can become infinite. I have been avoiding that question. However, I generally feel that a finite set cannot become infinite. However, that still doesn't keep me from working with a finite subset of an infinite set.

I keep using things like set and subset to represent anything you want them to represent, because that is more general. When talking about an infinite quantity of something you can be talking about an infinite quantity of almost anything, apples, numbers, atoms, space, whatever. But the rules apply to whatever you are talking about. Using words like set and subset allow you to discuss them without specific reference to any particular set.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.