In fact, I have not heard of any such idea regarding the structure of the universe. The picture is of a spherical structure expanding and contracting; the members that constitute the structure should always remain in motion, because energy is their basic quality. So mathematically the motion should be like that. The picture that I create in my mind makes me think that the model will be mathematically viable if the speeds of bodies are directly proportional to the distance from the centre of the universe. So as the members move away, their speeds increase and the internal energies decrease. Just before expansion, the internal energies are high (a potential hot state), and at the end of expansion speeds are high (a potential cold state). The system oscillates between the two, and thus we get the picture of a finite universe that remains pulsating.

I would like to know the history of such a configuration. Though I think that the model is mathematically viable, I have not tried to verify it by consulting experts. In the model having three bodies moving in a plane, I had such a picture in mind, but did not know that there is a ready reference available in the net. In the actual model of the universe, the galaxy-clusters are not the of same size, and the distance between them depends on their masses. I think that the extended model will also be mathematically viable, if the simple model is proved correct.