Originally Posted By: finiter

In a defined range, it would be finite (always?).

In a defined range the answer is most certainly finite of anything there is a mathematical proof which for the life of me I can't think of for the moment ... arg finite memory :-)

Euclid in 300BC actually proved there infinite number of prime numbers it's remarkably simple (http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/java/elements/bookIX/propIX20.html)

Originally Posted By: finiter

Your statement "You can also recycle and erase or drop thoughts and that rate is alot faster than you save them so the answer is also infinite" is incorrect. The number of times you do these (erase, recycle and drop thoughts) will be very very large but will be finite.

Incorrect turn it to a simple physical test.

Make a hole in a bucket allow water to flow out faster than you are filling it ergo you can never fill the bucket ... QED

Your brain memory works like that in this mode ... in the bucket you can have mini containers which remember things you choose (our permanent memory).

Thats the key point we haven't stated you have to remember permanetly said thought ... see context.

Quote:

Some aspects may be finite but some other may be infinite. However, IMO, there is ambiguity in the present concepts even when the contexts are given.

Give me context and I can give you what I would call a reasonable answer. Sure I can't be absolutely certain but I can give you an answer consistant with observations and really thats all that matters. Anything beyond that is philosophical or religious not scientific.

Last edited by Orac; 10/27/11 08:10 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.