Originally Posted By: finiter
There cannot be an infinitely small particle; there can be an infinitesimally small particle. Though literally both will be the same, in science, infinitesimal is used to represent very small (I think). IMO (based on my theory), a particle should have mass and volume, however small it may be.

And now I am going to get you to do some work for a change and flip this on it's head, lets see how you go.

See I am going to tell you that there is no such thing as a "particle" you are imagining it what you see is force the force simply has a width.

Now I want you to prove to me a particle exists and its not just a force show me all your evidence that particles are not a figment of your imagination.

See you are the finite one it's all about reality and what you can see and touch show me evidence of one of these particles please.

Do you see the problem coming at you .. yes even as a scientist I couldn't prove that because of that duality thing and QM.

So your whole theory and finite world is built on a lie or at best a guess there is no particles and you think QM doesn't make sense your irrational belief makes absolutely no sense ... your crazy you think the world is real and built of partciles yet you cant even show me one :-).

Last edited by Orac; 10/29/11 01:45 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.