Originally Posted By: Orac
So how can one test or measure this mechanical rotational force?

You sort of answered why the water doesn't run out but not what happens to our water surface curve when our spinning bucket is made into swinging bucket rotor.

Do you understand what I am doing its called compound frames of reference and it's going to get worse as I introduce more and you will see you run out of excuses and explainations as you can't build a consistant story in absolute space.

Mechanical force is not fundamental. If at all any forces are to be treated as fundamental, the gravitational and electromagnetic forces are the only ones. The mechanical forces like stress, strain, elasticity, friction etc are the end results of such basic forces and energy associated with matter (the existing concept is the same). For the measurement any suitable device can be used.

The surface of the swinging bucket is also curved. I have explained it. You might not have noticed it. It is the flexibility of the water column that causes the curve. Unlike the molecules of the solid bucket, the molecules in water acquire different kinetic energies. The molecules close to the side of the bucket tend to have lower kinetic energies, and towards the centre, the kinetic energy increases. The curve indicates a statistical information of the variation in kinetic energies. The gravity towards earth may cause a slight shifting of the centre of the curve.

If I am not consistent in my reply, my hypothesis will not qualify as a theory; I will have to modify it or just discard it, depending upon the the nature of error.