Originally Posted By: Bill S.
This probably sounds frivolous, but I think the question of infinity is a difficult one and needs to be considered.

Quote:
In my model, there is an infinite number of pulsations before 'the present one' and an infinite number of pulsations after this.

Cantor would be proud of you; you have two infinities. The trouble is, one has an end, and the other has a beginning. Possibly that is acceptable in maths, but as a real thing it has flaws.

If time is finite, then time should have a beginning and an end. So you have to invoke a singularity from where time started, and another such thing where time will end. That is an arbitrary act and is equivalent to the arbitrary assumption that time is infinite. Thus some arbitrariness will always be there. The number of arbitrary assumptions can never be zero; it should never be infinity; it should be reduced to the minimum.

Actually there are no two infinities; only one infinite time. The present is neither a beginning nor an end of time. It is just a relative point of reference of time. What I claim is that my theory has the minimum number of arbitrary assumptions.