Going back just a little Finiter wants to have the laws of the universe recast in physical terms rather than mathematical terms. After my reply to him yesterday regarding f=ma I realized that most of the laws are indeed cast in physical terms. It is especially easy to see in the case of Newton's laws.

I. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

II. The relationship between an object's mass m, its acceleration a, and the applied force F is F = ma. Acceleration and force are vectors (as indicated by their symbols being displayed in slant bold font); in this law the direction of the force vector is the same as the direction of the acceleration vector.

III. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Notice that the second law is the only one that actually includes a mathematical formula. As I stated in my previous post that can be stated: When we say F is F=ma then we are saying that the mathematical formula describes the physical fact that a push (or pull) causes a mass to change its velocity in a specific way.

So I don't see where Finiter's problem is. Except that he apparently doesn't understand just how energy works.

Bill Gill
[i][/i]

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.