I don't see infinite regression in this discussion the question is do we use scientific principle

There are ONLY 3 proposals for space

Newton: Absolute space and time.

Mach: The reference frame comes from the distribution of matter in the universe.

Einstein: There is no reference frame.

We have a massive number of observations Newtons absolute space and time is shown by many observations to be falsified. Mach has got some problems but it is not definitively been falsified.

We scientifically test these very basic tennants here is a summary of the results (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parameterized_post-Newtonian_formalism)

The answer is clear THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE SPACE AND TIME either of the other two options or create a new one.

Finiter wants an absolute space and time and that violates all the observational data so that alone kills the theory.

But apparently you can be selective about what observations you accept because we just throw GR and QM out even though they match observation because we don't like them.

SORRY THAT IS NOT SCIENCE ... If you want that then this thread needs to move to not quite science area.

Last edited by Orac; 10/11/11 05:20 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.