Beaker wrote:
"If god exists then you?ve really got to think that he's probably a bit pissed at the lot of us."

Not at all. The only one he has any right to be angry with is himself. He created the mess. He should be mature enough to accept personal responsibility: Not act like a spoiled 2 year old. Whose fault is it when a trained attack dog attacks?

Beaker wrote:
"He pops down in the form of his son to take a gander at how we're doing and some pillock goes and nails him to a couple of 4 by 2s and leaves him up there all day."

And were it him I'd say it was damned well deserved. He didn't have to create us this way. It was a matter of choice. Back when there were only two of us, to use the biblical inanity, he knew there was a problem (just ask the snake). That was the time to take corrective action.

Beaker wrote:
"I know I?d be less than pleased."

But then you are one of the imperfect results of creation so your feelings are irrelevant.

Beaker wrote:
"He was pretty rathful in the old testament and then nice and happy and loving in the new"

He was incompetent blundering and egotistical in the old and nothing has changed in the new. Perhaps you need to read the final chapters. He is still egotistical and bloody minded.

Beaker wrote:
"nd loving in the new, probably right up until the crown of thorns"

Who broke his magic wand? If he didn't want the crown of thorns he should have turned the place into a cinder. So this nonsense about suffering is just pathetic garbage. If you have the power to vaporize a planet then a bunch of Romans are hardly going to be running around with kryptonite.

DA Morgan