I am a person that does not believe in God, and yet I respect all religions and their beliefs.
I find Blacknad lacking in his respect for the new 'science of truth'. He cannot even integrate those confirmed historical truths of the Bible, with archeological scientific discoverys.
In fact he dos'nt even try, for which I might give him some credit if he did. But rather prefers to talk about God as though he/it was a realistic person.
He does'nt even mention one of the first intelligent scientists that walked upon this world, Moses.
Who, went up the mountain to carve out the Ten commandments on stone, in peace, solitude, and thoughtfulness.
Of course we all know that God didnt write them, since Moses broke them in his anger upon seeing his 'flock' dancing around a golden calf. He went right back up the mountain and recarved the Ten Commandments a second time.
Ahhh would'nt life be wonderful if we all lived by the ten commandments alone. Without all the extras of non existant Gods, hate, love and hypocrasy,...added by man.
Thank goodness I generally follow the Jewish religion, one of the very few religions that does not require you to believe in God.
A religion that is more akin to Buddism than anything else, (since Buddism arose out of Judaism)
Both ways of life, I find, give all those who follow those paths, a lasting psychological and mental contentment, plus completness.
Which is what everyones life should be about.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.