Trolls. I like this. Amaranth, I believe in this forum as an information exchange matrix. I have never been involved with any other forum; and do not know the protocols of them. What I have enjoyed about scienceagogo is that there are many different (sometimes opposing, sometimes vitriol) viewpoints regarding a topic. This, for me, is exciting because I have encountered much thoughtfulness (some less regardful). I myself have learned, in the past few months, to (try to) clarify what I am attempting to convey. I have encountered some feedback ranging from insulting to provocative and thoughtful.
A problem with a forum is that obviously that the subtle nonverbal cues are absent. It is difficult to discern the tone of a post. As such, I find it helpful to try to understand a post as it is written; and to not make assumptions.
I weep for I have not found scienceagogo years ago wink I really wish I had. I graduated high school, dropped out of college twice.. work in a distribution warehouse.. I have no formal science education from an institution of higher learning. But I am (almost) addictively drawn to this site because I know that the people partaking here enjoy discovery; this I share.
Science, to me, is about discovery..learning from others..challenging exisiting ideas..being open-minded (not so much that the brain oozes out)..
If I can genuinely learn something here or help to add insight regarding a scientific query.. then that is all I need.
I really enjoy this place.

Sincerely,

"My God, it's full of stars!" -2010