Actually Black I have no problems with the message behind the religion. It's the fact that organized religion gives humans a huge amount of ground to justify things such as the crusades, racism, the whole Middle East conflict ( pick one conflict there are so many), witch burnings, torture, extermination of races (Native Americans for one) and the list goes on. I am just against any form of organized religion because it is a guarantee that someone will twist it to their own purposes.

I was raised Catholic, I have listened to the scripture over and over and to be quite honest I found it quite interesting how people overlooked certain things throughout history. Many times it was the heathens that were living according to what Christ taught but historically the "heathens" were destroyed because they were not Christian.

I take a bit of offense to you stating that only "Christians" do good works for no rewards. I know a lot of people who volunteer and help those not as fortunate and many of them have left the church because they could not stand the hypocrisy of those in it.

Religion can be wonderful and it can be the most destructive force in the world. By the way most of the major wars used some point in religion to justify them, even Hitler did.