I don't think this board is a place for any inquiry into superior beings as most people here made up their minds long ago, and, like Uncle Al, have become highly proficient in name calling instead of analytical thinking.

That mankind has always found a need to understand his place and purpose in life can be argued as either cause or effect, does not negate its efficiency in making our lives more meaningful and more fulfilling. We have several dysfunction intellects on the website that due to a low emotional intelligence cannot relate with what religion means to you. They categorize it into a box of non-scientific and thereby strip humanity of it's emotional characteristics and virtues. The care and love we humans can have for our offspring is boiled down to a survivalist behavior built into our genes.

In fact, those with low EQ are often those raised by parents not adept at care and nurturing, and so they haven't experienced deep self-sacrificing love. Some here, Kevin comes to mind, have recovered from difficult childhoods, and discovered that side of human nature on their own. Religion and philosophy suggest answers to deeper questions about how we should live and die, than science, especially physical science, can ever answer.

And yet, in this here and now, we live in a wonderful world. We can appreciate it and learn much of how something so complex can be made from so few building blocks, and maybe make our world better. In the Old Testament, Jehovah (the self existing one as he called himself) told Moses he would make Moses a god unto Pharaoh. I.e. Moses would have god like powers in Pharaoh?s eyes.

I think we are indeed becoming like the gods, learning how to create and destroy life as never before. Learning and knowledge cannot be stopped (our scientist friends will continue to create and discard theories, getting ever closer to the truth), but our wisdom of how to use that truth and knowledge must keep pace so that we do not destroy ourselves. Knowledge and wisdom sometimes contend with each other, but they together define us as human beings.

Sparky