Oh Hi Soilguy,

I was starting to think I that I was just posting to myself smile

Your friend's negative atheism sounds a lot like " an atheist until proven otherwise" and that's the sense I get from many people who call themselves agnostic, even though the term really means, "one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god." (subtle difference)

I have this book here I've for some reason barely started reading. Rediscovery of Awe Splendor, Mystery, and the Fluid Center of Life, by Kirk J. Schnieder, Ph.D. He's developed the term Enchanted Agnostic. I think many scientists are probably Enchanted Atheists ...I know the ones in my family are.

My fear in committing to Atheism....
If reality and existance were like a televison set, no matter how remarkable all the pieces of the mechanism were and how they work.....I'd hate to have missed the show.
You know what I mean?

Synchronicity, Serendipity, or even an "Ah Ha", momment......my only personal experiences with a Universal Awareness that have not been possibly dillusional.

I could see myself committing to Panentheism with synchronicity, serendipity, and "ah ha" momments being my momments of connection with that great mystery. On the other hand, I could view even those momments as a sort of misinterpretation or misunderstanding of reality.

I do believe in God in either a Pantheisitic or Panentheistic sense, I've gotten that far. smile I just can't committ to which one. (subtle diffence from agnostic non-committment) So I as you have determined that God exists, and have the rest of my life to try to understand the nature of this God. Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone smile

~Justine~