Jim,

I agree with you completely. As always, your posts are well thought out and fair-minded. This is why you're rated at 5.

Ironically, DA is doing here exactly what he accuses organized religion of doing - demanding that we uncritically accept what he says. And he forces his point by stating that we are simply stupid if we disagree with him.

I know you are not a believer, and I can respect that - I cannot, however, respect DA's vitriolic bigotry.

He has stated that people like me are dangerous. This, without really knowing or understanding me.
I do not wish to force my views on anyone - or make schools teach ID - or enforce zero contraception - or assault abortionists - or persecute gays - or be enemies with Muslims - halt free speech - or curtail people's freedom.
I believe the church should never hold power, because it is contrary to Christ's teachings, and I am in profound disagreement with many of the Bush Administration's actions - especially concerning Iraq. I agree that science has delivered great benefit to mankind and I am grateful for it.

I would like to know in what sense DA finds me dangerous, because I actually find his intolerance dangerous, and his seeming inability to accord any value or respect to those people who believe in anything that cannot be empirically proven.

Regards,

Blacknad.