The difference is you probably listened to him and did not insist something he knew was wrong was correct .... in other words you learnt because you listened smile

You have covered a fair scope of QM and as you have probably found out unlike GR which there are only hand full of experiments, try and tell us QM is wrong is a whole other sort of argument.

So you have seen the strength of QM lets look at its weaknesses.

The biggest problem with QM is we don't understand why it behaves like it does and this can lead to wrong assumptions.

I have spent a long time convincing you about light and it is built up of photons and how those photons behave and interact.

The problem is that is the laws of QM as they are expressed and it doesn't say that photons can't have group properties and by omitting this it sorts of misleads you.

If you think about it you have certain laws that effect you and solely you but when you go to work or hang out in an organized gatherings there are often another set of rules that can be imposed on you. Those work place or gathering laws never violate the laws that cover you but cover behavior of the group.

With light there is some recent work to show you that you need to be careful with QM because it doesn't cover groupings.

Here is the image that will show you the problem where scientists turn light into something resembling bullets and the article

http://phys.org/news/2013-11-scientists-bullets-high-intensity-optical-applications.html

So what is going on here, well QM doesn't say that photons can't have group properties it really covers only the individual. The individual photons are waves and they have characteristics so you can organize a group of photons to mix there waveforms together and do really weird stuff and you are in no way violating QM laws. Gravity for example may work exactly like this it is a large scale group effect that has nothing to do with QM itself.

In human terms its the equivalent of organizing a protest march or organize a large group of people to do something on a large scale. There is no law on you being an individual that says that can't happen and in fact many great adds on TV are of large groups doing things. A few weeks ago in your homeland you had this

No law about you as an individual stops that from happening and from a scientist with QM perspective we need to be always careful because QM has really nothing to say about grouped behaviour.

So the light in the example above is an airy wave it's actually a classic physics an dates back to 1892.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airy_wave_theory

QM doesn't cover it or remotely have anything to say about it because it is a theory about tricking a group of light photons to work together to create an effect.

So here we have a classic physics theory that is not understood or explained by QM and isn't a simplification of QM process.

There are not many group physics theories or laws so the issue is largely ignored but I am showing one weakness with QM.

It may also help you understand how gravity could be a very independent effect about which QM is silent. So if gravity worked in this independent way it would not change the way QM worked at all but some grouped behaviour may arise that QM was completely ignorant of and airy waves show that possibility beautifully.

Some of your theory falls into that category as possible but some is completely and stupidly wrong because you violate QM. As I said if you want to play around with gravity knock yourself out but don't for one instant think gravity will change QM results because they can't unless gravity is itself a QM effect and then your whole theory is dead anyhow because it is classically based theory.

Last edited by Orac; 11/13/13 02:55 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.